1. “Khun Paen” is the name of a brave and invincible general in ancient Thailand, winning victories over all enemies. Khun Paen was popular among females not only for his handsome looking but also his boldness and sense of responsibility. General Khun Paen had lots of wives, one of whom was a daughter of a general in the neighboring country.
A legend said that General Khun Paen was once ordered to conquer his wife’s home country, who made appeals to her husband not to do so; however, General Khun Paen couldn’t choice but follow the military orders. His wife, to protect her country, prepared poisoned meals to General Khun Paen, only to be found by him who killed his wife out of rage.
It was after his wife died that Khun Paen knew she had been pregnant with a boy. Khun Paen made use of the body of the dead boy to create a Kumantong, which helped Khun Paen defeat enemies in every war and avoid misfortunes.
2. The difference between amulets of Phra Khun Paen and those of General Khun Paen is that the former, Phra Khun Paen amulets, are in the image of Buddha with a pointed head and the right hand touching the earth, leaving the right shoulder and arm bare, while the latter, General Khun Paen amulets, are in the image of a powerful strong man and with women or Kumantong besides or beneath the image.
3. At first, Phra Khun Paen amulets were made mainly for the effect of safety and protection for soldiers. However, worshipers thought that the amulet should be granted with effects of strong power and charm of General Khun Paen. Phra Khun Paen amulets, then, have since been made with additional magic skills and material to enhance the effects such as wealth, metta, and charm.
4. Phra Khun Paen amulets are commonly seen in a pentagon shape. Some experts thought that pentagon, compared to “Sum Ruen Kaew” (a triangular arch on the back of Phra Buddha Chinnarat), is the better shape to hold strong the Khun Paen amulets, which were used as a talisman in battlefields.
5. Effects of Khun Paen amulets include protection against adversity, power, wealth, metta (loving-kindness), and charm.
This Phra Khun Paen amulet was made and consecrated by Luang Pu Key. Welcome your purchasing!
8F., No.308, Zhonggang Rd., Xinzhuang Dist., New Taipei City 242
LINE or WeChat ID－luckybobi168
Related Links of Lucky BOBI: